A signature dish from Staub's "Cocotte" range, this masterfully crafted Oval Dish comes intricately engraved with a beautiful image of a sea bream.
The Staub Oval Dish's close-fitting lid ensures moisture is kept within the dish, while the cleverly designed spikes under the lid continuously bastes your dish. Because of that and its inner black matte enamel finish, little seasoning is required as this intensifies and retains the aroma and vitamins within the food.
Easily wow your guests with your creations from oven to the table with the helpful handles attached to the side of the Staub Oval Dish. This dish is so versatile it can be used for all types of cooking from braising, basting, and roasting, to frying.
Made from enamelled cast iron, a traditional and strong material, the Staub Oval Dish is perfect for low heat cooking as this material retains heat better than stainless steel and aluminium. The material allows for equal distribution of heat to eliminate hot spots, safely cooking even the most delicate dishes.
Each piece of Staub cookware is individually crafted with the highest craftsmanship in a single-use sand mold, ensuring that your piece is a unique creation.
- Size: 32cm, 2.8 litres.
- Exterior enamel coating: La Mer.
- Each piece is made in Alsace, France, using a sand mould which is destroyed after the piece is made - making every Staub piece unique.
- Intricately engraved with a beautiful sea bream.
- Made from top quality cast iron, coated in tough, chip-resistant enamel, inside and out.
- Cast iron absorbs heat quickly, retaining it for longer, so your food is cooked evenly - saving you time and energy.
- Meal stays warm long after it's been taken from the oven or off the heat.
- Enamelled matte black interior helps bring out the natural flavour of your food.
- Heavy, tight-fitting lid seals all the moisture and flavours of your food inside - plus, little bumps on the underside of the lid continuously baste your food to perfection as it cooks.
- Stovetop, Induction, and Oven safe.
- Smooth, ceramic base allows you to use the Cocotte on any cooktop, including induction, without scratching the surface of your stove.
- Low to medium heat required only.
- Recommended for use with wooden or plastic cooking utensils only.
- Hand wash recommended.